Monday, April 20, 2015

Fruits Basket

Fruits Basket is amazing. Nothing I have seen so far can top it.

Okay, so I'm going to try to explain Fruits Basket in around 400 words.... This is not going to go well. Anyway, don't blame me if I spoil the entire series. It's your job to look at the title of this blog and know that basically every post will have a spoiler of some sort.

Actually to save you from too many spoilers (because I'm just that nice), I'm going to cut this post in half. The first half will be a very basic description, and the second half will be more detail. Everyone okay with this? Yeah?.... I'm talking to myself again...
Image Courtesy By: Randomlittlemusings
Fruits Basket is an anime about a very innocent teenage girl. This girl just lost her mother to a car accident and tried to live with her grandpa. However he needed to do renovations, so she lived in a tent for a few weeks before being taken in by a family of three guys. However, these guys are more than they seem and are not normal. It's this girl's decision to accept who and what these guys are, or to run away and forget all that she knows. Her decision and what she does will take your breath away.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Fruits Basket is an anime that's really good. It starts out with a girl who lives in a tent because her mother had just died in a car crash, and her father died when she was really young. This girl goes to a middle school (or is it high school, shoot! I don't remember!), and on her way to school one day she happens across a house near where she was camping out. She was camping out because of her grandpa's renovations to the house. The house she wanders by is owned by a really rich family and the most popular guy in school lives there. At the end of the first episode she is taken in by these three guys and lives in the house with them.

This anime is all about her living with these few guys. She figures out how this family is different from everyone else early on, but she also needs to accept who they are. This family is sort of placed under a curse. In their family, there are always people that represent each of the different animals of the zodiac. These animals are the rat, dog, ox, tiger, rabbit, dragon (seahorse), snake, horse, sheep, monkey, rooster, pig, and the irregularity/outsider the cat. When hugged by someone from the opposite gender, or is under stress, the person transforms into the animal that they represent.

This anime is all about the girl and how she, with her open and caring heart, brings this family back together while having a ton of different adventures and getting to know all of them. The manga goes farther into the main character's story, and I would recommend reading it as well.


Anyway I hope you enjoyed which ever description that you read, or both, and please comment on whether or not you also like or will watch this anime! Prove me wrong that I'm not still talking to myself!

*Also, both links are websites that I used to watch and read this anime on my family's computer. So to anyone from school that might be reading, they probably won't work on the school laptops.*

2 comments:

  1. This anime is so funny. It was the first anime I watched and I loved it. Thanks for making me watch it, Kimberly. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! I loved this anime too!

      Delete